I’ve always been interested in psychology and human behaviour, so it was inevitable I would find myself studying and working in this field.
I have worked in the mental health sector for over five years, supporting adults who have been diagnosed with mental health disorders, such as Schizophrenia and anxiety disorders, at times in combination with substance misuse.
I am a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist working in private practice and within the NHS. Prior to this, I worked in a range of low-cost counselling services. I work on a short-term and long-term basis with clients aged 18+ who come from a variety of different backgrounds. I am passionate about my work with clients and I am committed to providing a professional yet meaningful service.
I am BACP registered which means I comply with a professional ethical framework and guidelines for good practice. As a commitment to my continuous professional development, I complete additional training and regularly attend workshops, in line with the BACP requirements. I am listed on The Black African and Asian Therapy Network (BAATN) therapist directory and Counselling Directory.
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling
- Primary Certificate in Advanced Cognitive-Behavioural skills
- Master’s Degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Psychology
- Boundaries and people-pleasing
- Loss and bereavement
- Low self-esteem and low confidence
- University and work stresses and pressures
- Cultural and racial identity
I also have interest in working with:
- Low mood and Depression
- Life changes/transitions
- Relationship difficulties